Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Ganapti Aagman procession

 



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID6zSkjrE8Q

A rhythmic arrival procession for Ganapati Bappa. Day to day traffic noise is usual to ears. But, once in a while, when rather than just the banging of drums, if such rhythmic and exciting conjunction of different sounds fall on ear, then, it would make any one pick the rhythm and move in unison  with it.
I am very fond of this form of procession. It makes noise, but it feels good to my ears. It excites me and make me forget for some time that I have grown older in age. A combination of Tasha, Dhol and Ghanta altogether create an environment, that brings a zing. 
A major change that is seen in recent years is the participation of Women in the act. Gone are those days, when carrying the Dhol and beating it was a domain of strong built men only. Infact, now a days it has become kind of compulsory to have equal share of Women. 
One thing,although, I am observing is, all the women participating are playing Dhols only. Probably, it is to make a noise and tell people that we are no less than men. But, I would be keen to see them playing Tasha. Dhol requires Power and the strength to hold on. But Tasha requires fluency, consistency in the  repeating act of playing as well as the pace, to keep that coherency. I know of few girls doing that already, but it hasn't spread to that extent as the Dhol.
Wishing  for the arrival of those days soon. A very happy and energetic 10 days Ganapati Utsav for all the people.

"Ganapati Bappa Moraya"

No comments: