Monday, February 5, 2018

The Insides of Vir Savarkar Sabhagrah, Dadar


I wanted to visit Vir Savarkar Sabhagrah since the time I used to go to Shivaji Park, Dadar for jogging. If you measure the distance through outside road around Shivaji Park, it comes out to be around 1.2 kms. I used to begin my run from the side where the hospital Shushrusha is located. So, when I had just started running here, and I was not in practise, by the time I would reach the other side, i.e. around 800-900 mts run, I generally used to be exhausted. And I would mostly be struggling to complete one round. Many a times I could drag myself to get going, but then there used to be days, when throwing any more steps was just impossible. This used to be times when I would stop right infront of the entry to Vir Savarkar Sabhagrah.  Back then I had no idea what it is. I thought it is some kind of museum. That initiated my interest to go in there someday. It though never happened. Last week, I got a chance to visit the place to attend a programme in the theater. The insides of the theater is really good and immediately takes the grip of the person. A huge curtain in the center and two very beautiful sculptures on either sides of the curtain. The first one I could understand partially that depicts art, religion, spirituality, the defending strength, the growth (agriculture) strength, all associated with India. But the second I could not deduce.

I am not sure if the two sculptures are just associated with Indian way of life or does it go more specific towards the identity at the center of the name of the Theater, Vir Savarkar. These things need to be deduced. Are you aware of it? Do share then.

No comments: